East Coast Tree Care - Rip Off: Un-itemized Billing and Nasty Customer Service

On Saturday, August 25, 2018, East Coast Tree Care was scheduled to appear at 12pm to remove trees from property. The company showed up at 1:50pm and started eating lunch.

I asked the person heading the job if they would finish the work the same day. Initially, I was told “no” but there was 12 plus workers present. My spouse shared how important it was for the job to be completed. We were then told that the price was $2,500.00.

We were both unaware of this price. Neither of us had seen an invoice for this price, plus it did not include the 30 percent off all tree work coupon. The verbal price that was agreed upon by the estimator was $2,300.00.

I called the office manager, whose name is Sharon to inquire about the discrepancy in the bill. Sharon asked me to remind her which job I was referring to.

I shared the job and the date of the work. I also shared that the quoted price was incorrect and that I would like for a bill and it to be adjusted to reflect the correct pricing. Unfortunately, she was unable to assist. Therefore, I asked to speak with the owner.

Sharon became irate and disconnected the call. I called back and asked for the owner’s name and spoke with the owner and president, Michele Scheekells. I shared that an invoice was never received. During my call, Michele said that she would work with me regarding the price for the 30 percent off all tree work.

Instead, she did not call me back. When I called back, I was transferred to the call center. All I am asking is for an itemized invoice with my 30 percent off all tree work. My initial price was $2,300.00 and with 30 percent off all tree work, the remaining balance should be $690.00 instead of $1,000.00.

Each time I contacted their office, no response until I shared that no additional pay would be provided with a correctly itemized bill. This office has an office manager with no experience on how to do a basic invoice Prices are charged out of thin air and clients are expected to pay.

Get a lawyer if you do not want to get ripped off or end up having bad credit for working with an unethical and fraudulent company. Rating of “F.”

Product or Service Mentioned: East Coast Tree Care Tree Removal.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 29.